Raising Awareness and Healing Skin

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota

You may have noticed an influx of breast cancer ads on TV, in stores, and around your neighborhood recently. That’s because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Used as a platform for breast cancer charities across the country to increase support for their cause, this month gets a lot of recognition in the press.

Breast cancer walks and runs are widespread, and landmark buildings worldwide – like the Empire State Building and the Tower of London – are decked out in pink in support of those with the disease. Check out a football game on Sunday and you’ll notice that even burly NFL players have their pink gear on.

Many companies will also be donating a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer charities over the next few weeks. Among them is Pomega5, a skincare line that uses biodynamic botanicals and Omega 5 oils to treat skin imperfections. During October and November, Pomega5 will donate 10% of proceeds from sales of all its products to the California-based To Celebrate Life Breast Cancer Foundation.

As the daughter of a breast cancer survivor, I’ll admit I favor companies that support this cause, but I was able to test one of their products with an open-mind. According to their website, Pomega5’s Healing Cream is formulated to soothe and moisturize dry, damaged skin with a combination of Omega oils and shea butter.

Sounds like a winner, doesn’t it?

I applied the cream twice a day to the dry patches of skin on my hands, elbows, and legs. It isn’t heavy like most lotions, and it blends in quickly and smoothly. Within a week, I noticed an improvement in my skin. My hands were softer, my elbows weren’t as rough, and my legs felt silky.

Based on my results and the product reviews on their site, it seems like Pomega5 has hit it out of the park with this one… although I do have one gripe.

This 1.7 fl oz bottle of Healing Cream is being sold for $70! Seems like a hefty price for such a small bottle. As someone who has struggled with problematic skin – and has spent a ton of money trying to treat it – I am always frustrated by the cost of good skincare products. We all have a right to beautiful skin, but we shouldn’t have to break the bank for it.

While I applaud Pomega5 for their support of breast cancer, I am disappointed in the price of their products. As a result, I’ll stick to the economy-size lotion I buy in drug stores for $6.99. I may not have perfect skin, but at least I have some cash in my pocket.

Kellie Clark, Everyday Health Production Editor


View the original article here

Comments