Safety Seat Is Obnoxious - 2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

May 31, 2013

2013 Cadillac ATS

I thought I would get used to the so-called Safety Seat in our long-term 2013 Cadillac ATS. I haven't, and at this point I don't expect I will. For those unaware, the Safety Seat adds a pair of thigh bolsters that twitch prominently when the car's proximity sensors decide it is necessary to do so.

For example, it'll goose your hindquarters when you're approaching an object while parking, whether backing or fronting in. Or when it thinks you're approaching another vehicle too quickly.

I get the concept. It alerts the driver only, unlike auditory alerts that let everyone in the car know that something's up. But every time that freakin' seat twitches I want to burn this car to the ground. It is obnoxious and distracting, which is sort of the point of the thing, and sort of the opposite of the point.

Were the ATS mine I'd skip the Safety Seat altogether. Unfortunately, it is compulsory equipment in Premium trim, so I'd be hunting for an electrical connector to unplug.

Jason Kavanagh, Engineering Editor


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Comments